 Off-Topic / Debate / 7425
Re: Rumor control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:27:47 GMT

USA = 3% of the population.
USA = 25% of CO2 production.

We exhale more.

Interesting.  Out of curiosity, what percentage of heavy industry is
located in the US?

Production and consumption are the problem.

Are you under the impression that that somehow answered the question?

Or is all that CO2 produced by cars?

At present the US, with its 250m consumers, sucks up the largest proportion
of world oil - 19m of the 74m barrels the world uses daily. Two-thirds is
used for transportation.

So?

Do you have a
breakdown of other leading national contributors to atmospheric CO2?

Nope, but I read that the USA has the most inefficient power industry in the
western world.

We seem to be getting on OK.

Right now, I hear, the USA is using so much oil that is is forced to buy
~90% of Iraqs oil

Well, now we get to something that is wrong.  We shouldn't be dealing with
people like that.

Chris