 Off-Topic / Debate / 7404
Re: Rumor control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:35:25 GMT

USA = 3% of the population.
USA = 25% of CO2 production.

Interesting.  Out of curiosity, what percentage of heavy industry is
located in the US?

Production and consumption are the problem.

Or is all that CO2 produced by cars?

At present the US, with its 250m consumers, sucks up the largest proportion
of world oil - 19m of the 74m barrels the world uses daily. Two-thirds is
used for transportation.

Do you have a
breakdown of other leading national contributors to atmospheric CO2?

Nope, but I read that the USA has the most inefficient power industry in the
western world.

Right now, I hear, the USA is using so much oil that is is forced to buy
~90% of Iraqs oil - despite the fact that UK/USA drops a tonne of bombs on
the country per week.

Really?  Every week?

The "average", I read, was 4 tonnes per month.

Under what circumstances?

The Iraqi's lock on to our planes - we bomb them. However, the bombing is
often hours later and the targets are seldom those which were involved to
start with.

Scott A

    Dave!