 Off-Topic / Debate / 7354
7353  |  7355
Subject:
Rumor control?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:16:43 GMT

This could probably be posted in OT.FUN, but I figured this was a safer
place to start.

Last night, while availing myself of the fine Pittsburgh mass transit
system, I had the pleasure of sitting a few seats away from a quite vocal
and colorfully informed anti-Gore-ist.  Most of his patter was stuff I've
heard before, but he launched two doozies that were new to me:

  1) Al Gore plans to outlaw the gasoline engine in an effort to pander to the
     ecologically over-zealous

  2) Al Gore plans to seize all gold in the US, presumably to fund his gas-
     less auto industry.

  I'm not the best-informed individual, but I'm surprised that neither of
these issues made it to the debate floor.  Thoughts?

     Dave!