 Off-Topic / Debate / 7085
Re: It's All Over...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 02:15:37 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremiah VanderMark writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Matthew Miller writes:
Jeremiah VanderMark <doggybot_37@yahoo.nospam.com> wrote:
everything. Who'd have thought that a vote for Nader really *was* a vote for
Bush...

No it's not. Although there is some difference between Gore and Bush,
they're both corporatists, they both want to increase military spending,
they both support the death penalty, etc., etc., etc.

A vote for Nader is *not* chosing the lesser of two evils.

Ah, but you've got to look at the rest of the government right now -
Republican Senate and House, and, should Bush win, more Rep judges. That's a
big step backwards this country doesn't need.

While I agree with you to an extent I wouldn't worry too much in that while the
Republican's will have a majority in the House and Senate it is not enough of a
majority to do whatever they want.  Especially in the Senate the Dem's have
enough seats to create deadlock when they need to.

The judges are my main concern.

I would also say however that I predicted before the election that whoever won
would not get re-elected in 2004.  My reasoning is that the economy is probably
going to at least slow considerably if not go into recession.  The new
president, whoever it is, will get blamed for that, deserved or not.

We need viable 3rd party's in the states and I don't think the Green's or the
Libitarians are viable.  I think the Reform party had a shot but Buchanan
destroied them.  So I don't know where we will get a viable 3rd party from but
it is badly needed to shake up the establishment

Ventura 2004!!! :c)

Really, though. If he ran, I and the majority of people I've talked to
would vote for him.

-Jeremiah-