 Off-Topic / Debate / 5999
Re: Public transportation (was Re: Age limitations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:54:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Toki Barron writes:

Sheesh!  Pittsburgh!  Not Pittburgh! :-)  I'll at least give you credit for
creativity (usually people write Pittsburg, which is how the other Pittsburgs
in Kansan, CA, TX and where ever else spell it).

D'oh--Sorry, just a mistype!  Though I could have spelled it "Picksburgh" and
still been using a locally-accepted pronunciation!

Sorry if you were making a
pun about the number of potholes we get to drive through here in da 'burgh.

  On second thought, that's what I was doing--I didn't mistype it.  8^)

As far as the T goes, it's nice if you live in the South Hills like I do, but
as a whole, mass transit in Pittsburgh sucks.  You can't go anywhere without
going downtown.  For example, if you want to go to Greentree from Beechview
(these communities are separated by about 1 mile), you have to go downtown.

  That is 100% correct!  I live about 2 1/2 miles from Century III, but it'd
take about 2 hours to get there by T and bus.

     Dave!