 Off-Topic / Debate / 5946
Re: Public transportation (was Re: Age limitations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:52:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Simpson writes:
to build a nice shiny toy (though they won't admit it) to ooh and ahhh the IOC
in the hopes of bringing the Olympics here someday.

Believe me, after living in a city that has gone through the process of
hosting the Olympics, it isn't that big of a thrill. Basicly you give over all
rights to your city to the IOC for 3-4 years and let them do as they will.
Sure you might get a nice new park or a few areas of town cleaned up, but it
doesn't seem like it should take the Olympics to get city goverment interested
in getting things looking nice.

jt