 Off-Topic / Debate / 560
Re: Sorry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:40:12 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

You can't STOP people from acting foolishly, but you don't have to be
the one to help a fool be parted from his money, do you?

Think about what you're saying for a minute:

If he's hellbent on doing it anyway, it's not morally wrong that he does
it, and it's not hurting anyone except himself, it's not really any of
your business whether I help him part with his cash or not. Better me,
honestly and openly, than some dishonest person, eh?

The alternative is that you are going to impose your moral judgement on
the non destructive and non-rights-violating actions of others. Your
perogative, but I reject that judgement for lack of basis.

Someone took me up on my Dark Forest (6079) offer. Nice lady. Every note
to her has included another suggestion of somewhere else to look for a
better deal, and a promise not to hold her to our deal if she finds it.
But ultimately, if she can't find one elsewhere, I will sell it to her.
It will be worth more to her than the cash, and the cash will be worth
more to me than the set. We both come out ahead in the exchange of
value.

Don't riducule her, don't look down at me for selling it at a profit,
just as I would expect you not to look down at me for paying so much for
an airport shuttle, or not being willing to pay as much for my fourth
metroliner as I would want to get if I sell off my third one.

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.