 Marketplace / Shopping / 61
Re: Sorry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:47:27 GMT

   The price is not all that out of line IMO.  Some foreign sets sell at 4
to 6 times the actual cost right after they come out.  I think you are doing
a favor to anyone who might want the set, especially non US residents who
have much longer to wait, and will have to pay a higher retail price anyway.
Maybe you should have auctioned it starting at $10 or so.  You don't still
have it, do you?  I would be surprised.  John

Dan wrote in message ...
Sorry for posting in the wrong group. It was a mistake. I know better. It • was
late and I did not pay attention to what I was doing.

I am also sorry if I offended anyone with the post.

I preordered two complete Star Wars sets in January. I am keeping one and
trying to sell the other to offset the price. I fully stated the current • price
and that it is really only for people must have it and did not preorder. • Let
state that I would never buy it at this price. I would like comments from
others on how this is different from others selling or auctioning their • items.
Please email me with your replies, and let this thread die peacefully.

Thanks,

Dan

Mike Stanley writes:

While I'm sure you'll find someone with more sense than patience to
buy this, I'd say this actually belongs in .buy-sale-trade, wouldn't
you?

I have to say, though, that I find this only slightly less distasteful
than the loser on eBay who tried to get $40 for one of them.  Guess
the Starwars scalper mentality/morality has infected our little corner
of the universe after all.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET