 Off-Topic / Debate / 26134
Re: More fodder, similar topic(was: Re: Driver humiliated)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:47:03 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
Is it right to hold people responsible for not stopping someone drunk
from getting behind the wheel? Five years prison each for this?

Hmm, it sounds like the tried to prevent the person from doing harm. How
much should they try? Do they have to risk death themselves? Criminalizing
failure to prevent another from committing a crime is a pretty dangerous
slope to perch on.

Frank