 Off-Topic / Debate / 26088
Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:53:38 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney wrote:

At least in the US, there's plenty of reasons officers already have to stop
drivers. Years ago, my family was stopped once for having a misaligned
headlight that just so happened to be pointing in the officer's eye as he was
sitting opposite us at a traffic light.

Was this in New Rome, OH?

http://newromesucks.com/

and

http://new.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=4347&page_number=1

and

http://columbusoh.about.com/library/weekly/aa020602a.htm

The (former) very existence of New Rome is, in my view, a very telling argument
against allowing police to stop people without probable cause.