 Off-Topic / Debate / 2569
Re: Best selection of parts to mess around with
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 19:17:32 GMT

<SNIP>
[WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD • WORDS
COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP]
[WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD • WORDS
COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP] [WARNING BAD WORDS COMING UP]

(I hope that's enough to hide the rest of this message from the Web • interface
message preview...)

I'm equally insulted when someone says "shoot" instead of "shit".  It's not
the word itself, but the feeling with which it's delivered.  In some cases, • it
can be a casual swaggering of macho and is not insulting, and other times • it's
the tantrum thrown by the inner child and is to be scorned.  In either • case,
it's just a verbal placeholder for when someone's too lazy to come up with • a
better word.

Well, then maybe you don´t like me...
I write four asterisks "****" instead of a bad word, that I don´t like to
use.

--Tobias

Similarly, I'm equally insulted when someone says "sh*t" instead of "shit". • I
mean, wow, "sh*t" is okay?  Is there something magical about that asterisk?
I'm totally perplexed by the social mores which demand a letter be blanked
out, for all but the most scatalogically-ignorant to put back together.

I was surprised by a recent TRU commercial on TV, where a little girl keeps
saying the phrase "I used the potty".  I never thought the TV censors would
let such a casual toilet reference be passed around by such a young child. • It
probably wouldn't have surprised me any more if she had used other • vocabulary.

Vaccum cleaners in the shop, the timmy was useful....might build a
memorial....nah

LOL

Cheers,
- jsproat

Jeremy: "Hi, my name is Jeremy Sproat, and I'm a...Slashdot Lemming."
All:    "Hi, Jeremy."