 Off-Topic / Debate / 2937
Re: Best selection of parts to mess around with
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:09:37 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Christopher Lannan wrote:
here's a fun one I thought of a while back-
Given- showing a man shirtless on TV with nipples exposed is ok.
Given- showing a shirtless woman on TV is ok as long as we black out the
nipples.
Question- If I were to take the area of the woman's nipples out of the
picture, and replace that area with a man's nipples, is that ok?

First, to answer Christopher-- No, it's not ok-- get into therapy NOW;-)

What cracks me up is that a woman's nipple is the single most useful item on
the breast.  It's like, showing a water fountain, but blacking out the
nozzle.  How did breasts get to be so obscene?  IMO, a thong bikini is more
obscene (and painful to think about), but is prevalent on too many shows on
USA and MTV.

But then, I have family members who are la Leche League advisors; I've heard
this frustration most of my life.  :-,

The only reason I can think up for this mixed-up logic about what's acceptable
is that the world is run by men.  If women ran the show, I bet we'd get vastly
different but equally illogical rules on what you could show.

Well, give guys a break, sproat.  There are mitigating factors involved, such as
the fact that we are genetically programmed to respond in a sexual way to breasts
and such.  Do not underestimate the power of <not cheese> hormones.  Advertisers
don't;-)

-John

Cheers,
- jsproat

"Hello.  My name is Jeremy, and I'm a...a brick chewer."
  (in unison) "Hi, Jeremy."