 Off-Topic / Debate / 24348
Re: Back to the Real Wasteland of the mind
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 18:31:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

   And they can’t simply continue to blame Tenet, the “Liberal” media, or Clinton.

Wanna bet?

Holy crap, I just found this. It’s viewable for free, but registration will apparently be required before long. Here’s the salient bit:

The unidentified detainee, believed to be a leader of the outlawed Ansar al Islam group, was held without being given a prisoner number, nor was the International Committee of the Red Cross told about him, said a Pentagon spokesman, Bryan Whitman.

The Pentagon acted at the request of the then CIA director, George Tenet, Mr Whitman said. A US intelligence official acknowledged Mr Tenet’s role.

Not quite the blame-game that I referred to, but it’s of the same species. We should immediately fire and indict everyone in the administration, starting from the top down.

Dave!