 Off-Topic / Debate / 24347
Re: 9/11 Panel: No Evidence Connecting Iraq to Al Qaeda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:48:05 GMT

   It’s also funny that Clinton is still ridiculed for discussing the meaning of is as it pertained to a legal extramarital affair between two adults, but no one in the media is complaining about Dubya’s wholesale manipulation of language.

I think I know why. The stakes are so much higher now that it is too horrifying to accept. Most people I know, as far as I can figure, simply refuse to believe that President Bush was lying to us the whole time to gain approval to pursue his own agenda. I think that with all the lives that have been lost, many people are just unwilling to accept the evidence. When it was Clinton, nothing but self-respect was at stake.

I’m not interested in making fun of ‘the masses’ for this. I think it’s a fascinating social phenomenon. It seems like you can point to most of our wars and see similar acceptance. I wonder how this played out with Vietnam...anyone out there old enough to discuss it (I was born a few months after my dad was drafted).

Chris