 Off-Topic / Debate / 22330
  More of the Usual Lies

Bush hits back at Iraq critics (URL) Mr Bush's speech was part of a new White House public relations offensive aimed at countering growing criticism of US policy in post-war Iraq, where US forces are coming under fire daily and suffering mounting (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

More of the lies in detail... Claims vs. Facts: President Bush's New Hampshire Speech to Air National Guard Reservists (URL) WMD IN IRAQ claim: "Since the liberation of Iraq, our investigators have found evidence of a clandestine network of (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) I know that MM isn't held with much credbility in these here circles, but 'Dude, where's my country?' may hopefully restore some... (URL) which questions are asked and researched-- " 1. Is it true that the Bin Ladens have had business (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) Old, but extremely important news for most U.S. idiots. (...) Not new, important. (...) The case has not yet really been made against OBL -- of course, he has also vanished without a trace. Maybe they never really wanted to "get him" in the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) With him so far.... (...) This was the part where I thought he veered off into foaming a bit.. (...) Don't you just hate it when people who clearly are weasely lying sniveling gits(1) might actually be right about just about everything they (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) I've always supported Michael Moore despite the somewhat shaky documentation he often provides for his arguments and the somewhat hasty conclusions he often draws from them, but I'm happy to have been wrong about the above point. Michael Moore (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

Urp, dangling referent! (...) The "They" referred to in this footnote are the Saudis, not those TimeWarner folks behind TIME magazine. Whether TTWFBTM wish us well or not is an exercise left to the reader. :-) I certainly have my views, but in the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

Under CURRENT law, Ahnold can't become president, right? He is foreign born. Not that that will stop him - someone else is currently trying to change that (probably specifically FOR him)... (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) That's a good point. There is that law saing only American born peeps can be president. Is that a good thing? Overall, I guess--it would prevent some charismatic foreigner from becoming president and screwing things over. Though to be said, it (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) Dude, I said maybe... ;) -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) Why stop there? Why not just abandon all pretense and elect Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz or Salem bin Laden? On the other hand, such legislation would enable Jennifer Granholm to run. You know, one thing that embarrasses me terribly as an American is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: More of the Usual Lies

(...) Except inasmuch as it would get her out of MI I am not seeing that as a good thing. IIANM, it's not legislation that is required, it would be a constitutional amendment. (the legislation would merely be the first step in getting the amendment (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)