 Off-Topic / Debate / 22342
Re: More of the Usual Lies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:33:09 GMT

On the other hand, such legislation would enable Jennifer Granholm to run.

Except inasmuch as it would get her out of MI I am not seeing that as a good
thing. IIANM, it's not legislation that is required, it would be a
constitutional amendment. (the legislation would merely be the first step in
getting the amendment before the states for ratification)

But, while I'm at it, there's no law preventing Bill Clinton from becoming
President again.  He merely can't be *elected* to that position.  If he happens
to be the VP, and the President dies or steps down, then Bill could fill the
bill once again.  Theoretically, there's no limit to the number of terms he (or
any other president) could serve!

Ya! Just think, in 2008 it could be Hillary and Bill!

Bill as a VP candidate would bring new meaning to the term "running mate". :-)