 Off-Topic / Debate / 22341
Re: More of the Usual Lies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 19:51:53 GMT

There is that law saing only American born peeps can be president.

Is that a good thing?  Overall, I guess--it would prevent some charismatic
foreigner from becoming president and screwing things over.  Though to be
said, it seemed pretty easy for a 'charismatic' foreigner to become 'The
Govinator'. What if this continues?  Mike J Fox as guv'nr of New York?
Tommy Chung as the leader of Florida?

Ooooh, the possibilities!

Why stop there?  Why not just abandon all pretense and elect Fahd Bin Abdul Aziz
or Salem bin Laden?

On the other hand, such legislation would enable Jennifer Granholm to run.

You know, one thing that embarrasses me terribly as an American is the fact that
anonymous citizens of nations in the Mideast speak English much better than our
appointed president.  Arianna and Arnold sound like gifted, native-English
orators next to Dubya's lizard-lipped elocution.

But, while I'm at it, there's no law preventing Bill Clinton from becoming
President again.  He merely can't be *elected* to that position.  If he happens
to be the VP, and the President dies or steps down, then Bill could fill the
bill once again.  Theoretically, there's no limit to the number of terms he (or
any other president) could serve!

     Dave!