 Off-Topic / Debate / 22336
Re: More of the Usual Lies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:42:39 GMT

   4. Why did you allow a private Saudi jet to fly around the US in the days after September 11 and pick up members of the Bin Laden family and fly them out of the country without a proper investigation by the FBI?

I’ve always supported Michael Moore despite the somewhat shaky documentation he often provides for his arguments and the somewhat hasty conclusions he often draws from them, but I’m happy to have been wrong about the above point. Michael Moore was asking this question as early as late 2001, and he was universally derided for clinging to the story even after it was “proven” to be false. I myself made the mistake of blasting Moore on that issue right here in this forum, but I’m happy to have been incorrect. Even if the bin Laden family is 100% innocent of any wrongdoing, it’s simply despicable that the Bush administration would give high-ranking Saudis a free ticket out of the country exactly when air security should have been most tightly restricted. What possible justification can be offered for this, when even private US air travel was restricted at that time?

Dave!