 Off-Topic / Debate / 2126
Re: McDonald's, LEGO and Ethics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:54:43 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

Eric Kingsley wrote:
I would hope that LEGO would not
cross market with the companies you have above like 'Dow' or 'Monsanto' but
they have in the past with Exxon and Shell (two of my least favorite
companies see Alaska and South Africa respectively) so who knows?  (I doubt the
chemical plant would sell very well anyway unless of course it could explode
and spread toxic goo all over Town Jr.).

I'd buy the chem plant.  The parts would be tres cool.

Yeah!  THat would rock.  I used to drive St. Louis to Chicago avery
couple weeks and a bit south of Chicago there is a massive Mobil
refinery that I always looked forward to seeing.  Day or night, that
thing is beautiful.  I would love to see LEGO make refineries,
manufactures, etc.  And if the chem plant would blow up and release CO2
mist, that would make it even more cool.

Hmmm....

--Chris