 Off-Topic / Debate / 2124
Re: McDonald's, LEGO and Ethics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 19:14:12 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:
I would hope that LEGO would not
cross market with the companies you have above like 'Dow' or 'Monsanto' but
they have in the past with Exxon and Shell (two of my least favorite
companies see Alaska and South Africa respectively) so who knows?  (I doubt the
chemical plant would sell very well anyway unless of course it could explode
and spread toxic goo all over Town Jr.).

I'd buy the chem plant.  The parts would be tres cool.

And why not sell a model depicting a chemical plant?  I don't see anything
inherently wrong with manufacture -- I like to have stuff.

Cheers,
- jsproat