 Off-Topic / Debate / 2130
Re: McDonald's, LEGO and Ethics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 21:40:56 GMT

Christopher Tracey wrote:
[...] a recent re-reviewing of "Roger&Me" [...]

I loved that movie.  The Big One was also a hoot.

I also have been reading a lot lately about marketing.  McGraw-Hill and some
other textbook manufacturers have changed the wording in their math texts from
'burger and fries' to 'a whopper and a coke.' in the word problems.

This is, fortunately, illegal in the state of California now.

Cheers,
- jsproat

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996