 Off-Topic / Debate / 2127
Re: Disparicies in Sentencing WAS:(Misperceptions of America)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 20:08:06 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Thanks for the clarification Scott.

Hey, I am confusing to just about everyone, it is a special gift! :)

So it's fair to say you don't support different sentences or
discrimination. That's good. (1)

Yes, that is how I feel.

Going a bit farther, how do you feel about DWB?

DWB- Driving While Building? Very dangerous! :) (J/K)

Seriously, I don't think it is right to target anyone, at anytime, for
anything,  simply because of skin color. I know some police do, but I don't
think it is a huge problem. I saw Johnny Cochrane's (shrudder) show on it for a
few minutes, and he pulled the race card on the subject so much I almost threw
up. If people are obeying the traffic laws, and not doing anything wrong, the
police should move on to more important matters, like actual crime, not the race
of a particular driver.

I kind of have a problem
with it. I don't think that police should be discriminating in who they
choose to investigate either...

I can't vouch all police officers, there are good ones and bad ones, like in all
activities in life. If they do, it is wrong, and it should be stopped.

1 - note that I DO support discrimination (that is, the right to
discriminate) by private individuals... just not by governments or their
agents.

Yes, as do I. Government intervention in private affairs, like Boy Scouts (Can
you tell me why any girl would want to be in Boy Scouts? It is like me joining
the NOW gang!) is dead wrong. If it is private, it should remain so. See Larry?
We are mostly on the same note!

Scott S.

--
Scott E. Sanburn
CADD Operator, CADD Systems Administrator

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/
Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/index.html
Lego Page:
http://www.geocities.com/~legoguy712/legoindex.html

“The more people I meet, the more I like my Lego collection.”