 Off-Topic / Debate / 18954
Re: Just when I keep on thinking that I'd have nothing else to rant about...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:32:18 GMT

You know, I never understood the Confederate flag's ability to still fly in
any official capacity.

I mean, race-issue aside, isn't it the symbol of a treason nation? A
rebellion that was put down? Why wasn't it outlawed at the end of the Civil
War? (Seriously, I'm curious about that last one).

-Evil Wayne

Free country my heinie!

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/02/12/georgia.flag.ap/index.html

"State and national Republicans had worried that a flag referendum the same
day as the presidential election could spark a huge turnout by blacks and
moderate whites and potentially affect the fortunes of GOP candidates,
including President Bush."

Don't you *want* your voters to vote?  Or are republicans openly saying that
they are a bunch of racist bigots who don't want black people to vote?  Are
they also forgetting that, if this ref. happens during the presidential
vote, that the republicans of the state will have a huge turnout to vote *in
favour* of that racist-symbol, the confederate flag.  Oops, I guess I just
gave away my position on the matter.

Wow.  Politics.  Whoda thunk?

Dave K
-just getting more and more in awe of the world in which he lives