 Off-Topic / Debate / 19016
Re: What the Confederate flag stands for. (was Re: Just wh...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:15:28 GMT

Slavery was central but it was the secondary issue.

Interesting.  I'm not sure I can reconcile that claim with Stephen's
statements (which assert outright that the institution of slavery is of
paramount importance), but at least I understand your view better now.
Thanks for the clarification.

I would have to argue that Mike isn't quite understanding what he wrote.
Slavery was central but a secondary issue?  No, it is either not central, or
it wasn't a secondary issue.

  Bruce, I thought I told you before--If you're going to reply to my posts,
I'm going to have to require you to agree with me blindly and absolutely.
Don't ask for clarification when I've already decided to say I understand,
even if I don't (or didn't!)

8^)

     Dave!