 Off-Topic / Debate / 15895
Re: War on Drugs SUPPORTS terrorists.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 12:28:19 GMT

(hello, CIA, I'm talking about you in the not so distant past)

Why be so generous?  I think they are STILL dealing drugs, as are many
members of most of our law enforcement agencies.  My assertion is and
essentially HAS TO BE correct -- how else could drugs flood our streets and
prisons?  Moreover, the only rational reason to keep drugs illegal is to
make money off the artificially inflated price of illicit substances.

I wouldn't have any knowledge of the CIA specifically, but I agree with the
logic that the only way drugs could be so prevalent is with complicit law
enforcement.

My buddy Aaron got a degree in criminal justice because he started out wanting
to be a cop.  About 2/3 of the way through the program he vowed that he'd never
be a cop because of the obvious corruption at all levels of all the law
enforcement organizations with which he came in contact.  He claims to know
that the state police seize large drug shipments caches and sell them to
dealers who then pay them to avoid arrest.  He claims that municipal cops in
two cities where he interned were involved in the drug trade and in one case
ran a prostitution ring.

Unless he's crazy, and I have no evidence to particularly support that idea,
then our law enforcement institution is simply a mob-like protection racket.
He also spent a year in Kenya where he says they're more open about the
corruption and he prefers that system.

Nice!

Chris