 Off-Topic / Debate / 15859
Re: War on Drugs SUPPORTS terrorists.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:38:29 GMT

| Their site doesn't say how they're gonna pay for the extra resources
needed to
| treat drug abuse as a medical problem.

That is because the LP is about ideas, not solutions. The LP should be able,
as a fringe party, to raise the level of debate. Instead they resort to a
personal attack, which says very little about their own policy on "drugs".

The "war on drugs" can be used to describe the current methods which are
used to counter illegal drug use in the USA. I'm sure it is possible to be
against the "war on drugs" (the methods) but still be in favour of keeping
some drugs off the streets (the goal). The poster says nothing about
decriminalising drug use.

But they must be desperate. Everything I read about the domestic US
situation leads me to believe that, if sustained, the LP will experience
quite a drop in %age votes next time. (eg are people more likely to vote to
cut red tape after Enron?)

The big irony here is that drug production in Afghanistan has increased
since the Taliban were removed. No doubt that will reduce the price on the
street a little (but not by 16999/17000) - which appears to be an LP goal?
;)

--
Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=