 Off-Topic / Debate / 15886
Re: War on Drugs SUPPORTS terrorists.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:26:13 GMT

To counter the propaganda run a few weeks ago the LP supposedly placed an ad
in today's USA Today.

Here is the info on it:
http://www.lp.org/issues/drugczarad.html

and here is the ad:
http://www.lp.org/action/files/!drugwar.pdf
(100K pdf, may be a bit slow to d/l)

Did anyone see it? I don't normally get that paper except when travelling
but will try to grab a copy today if I can when I get to my hotel tonite.

Excellent!  Do you have any way of knowing what attention the ad attracted?
Has the LP web site had a burst of hits or mail?

Would you expect a drop?

I hope that this does raise
awareness of the reality of things.

What? Do you think that people do not realise that the War on Drugs raises
the price of "drugs" on the street and that organised crime (in its many
forms) benefit? I think they do. What, perhaps, they have not thought about
is the alternative options. This poster does not help them do that(1). Or do
you think it does?

Scott A

(1) ...and ROSCO suggest the site is little better.

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=