 Off-Topic / Debate / 15891
Re: War on Drugs SUPPORTS terrorists.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 02:43:04 GMT

(hello, CIA, I'm talking about you in the not so distant past)

Why be so generous?  I think they are STILL dealing drugs, as are many
members of most of our law enforcement agencies.  My assertion is and
essentially HAS TO BE correct -- how else could drugs flood our streets and
prisons?  Moreover, the only rational reason to keep drugs illegal is to
make money off the artificially inflated price of illicit substances.

Maybe, maybe not.

Never ascribe to malice what stupidity (or empire building) can adequately
explain. Law enforcement types and their lobbyists, prison guards and their
lobbyists, prison operating companies and their lobbyists... they all
benefit hugely from the perfectly legal task of catching and incarcerating
innocent victims without actually having to sell them additional drugs after
they're in prison.

And all those task forces and study groups and whatnot, they all feed at the
public trough without doing anything illegal whatever.

But ya, I would not be surprised that elements in the CIA were still doing
it (undoubtedly with plausible denyability multiply layered and sacrificial
underlings all prelinedup to take any necessary falls).