 Off-Topic / Debate / 14909
Re: Junk mail (was: Apology.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:12:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

You may resubscribe if you wish and I won't unsubscribe you again... until
and unless you call it junk email again.

Well, many people I know still complain about junk snail mail, but can't be
bothered putting a "no junk mail" sign on their letter box. They just throw >the
junk straight in the recycle bin. Maybe they think one day they'll get
something useful? Dunno. Seems a total waste to me. But they choose to do it.

Your analogy is false.

I think Scott calling it junk mail is not enough to justify unsubscribing him,
and never will be. Yes I *know* you've apologised, but the above statement
indicates you'd do it again. That'd be wrong, IMO.

You should share your perspective, then, in admin.terms, where this issue
has been raised. I'm prepared to be ToSsed over it, as I've admitted that my
anger at Scott when he lies about receiving junk email is so great that I'd
likely unsubscribe him again.

Sigh. Where have I lied now?

Scott A

If he actively subscribes to it, it's not
junk, is it?