 Off-Topic / Debate / 14861
Re: Unsubscribe from the LP newsletter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 20:00:08 GMT

I wonder if Todd &/or Suz intend that members should use the e-mail
addresses of posters in this way? I expect not. Is it even within the TofU?

Scott A

I checked. Scott is not subscribed to the LP newsletter under the current
email tag on his post: eh105jb@mx1.pair.com... but he WAS subscribed under a
tag that was in use some time ago. Not any more.

Note that I only tried one address, I don't have time to search all 8000+
posts of Scott's to see if there are other email addresses used. Scott, mail
me privately if you like, with the address you're getting the subscription
on, I'll be happy to unsubscribe you from it as well. HOWEVER the LP DB
thinks you WERE subscribed on the addy I deleted.

If a malicious person subscribed Scott, they did so by going back in the
past a bit to find a different address to use. To that malicious person, if
you actually exist, please do not resubscribe Scott... You are just
encouraging his clueless behaviour.

Scott, you are unsubscribed from something you claim you did not ask for, at
least under one address anyway. IF as you claim, you did not ask for this
subscription and do not wish it, I have done you a service by removing it
since you can't be bothered to do so yourself.

If on the other hand, you actually DID wish it, why, then I apologise for
unsubscribing you. But of course, in *that* case it's *not* junk email...
you can go resubscribe or not as you wish.

Please note, in the general case I think it's not very nice to subscribe or
unsubscribe people from things. But Scott stated he's getting something he
doesn't want to get. It would be hard to argue that I've done him a disservice.