 Off-Topic / Debate / 1467
  Photo Radar

Just a blatant troll for opinions...Around here there's a big squabble about photo radar, and just this morning, someone in the office was grumbling about getting a ticket, and everyone else was encouraging her to fight it. Now, I'm wondering what (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) My biggest complaint about photo radar is, is that it's up to me to prove that I wasn't behind the wheel. Guilty before proven innocent and all that. For example: last week, I was mugged and car-jacked and left on the side of the road. After (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) I have been the recipient of one of these tickets, and I have yet to hear of any final outcome. I recieved a letter in the mail with a picture of one of my vehicles, showing the posted speed limit and the speed that the car was going. The (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Hmm. Maybe it's different in the States, but here, if you are the registered owner of a vehicle, then you are responsible for that vehicle.(1) If someone else is driving it, they are driving it either: a) with your permission, either implicit (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Don't know about other localities, but here (Phoenix AZ), if you get a photo-radar ticket, the drivers face *must* be clearly visible. If it is obscured, they will not process the ticket. So, when driving though photo-radar country, keep the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Both good and valid points. My point is that it was *possibly* a family member who was driving the vehicle, and I am not required to testify against them. If they determine which family member *might* have been driving then I would gladly pay (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) pushes (...) Fair enough. In Alberta, you can only have 1 person on a vehicle registration. (AFAIK, anyway) (...) Ah. Another difference. Because our license plates are on the back of the car only, that's the part that gets photo'ed, and there (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

I think you might be splitting hairs here. You're the vehicle owner. Unless it was stolen, you're responsible for what was done with the vehicle. Tell your drivers not to speed or they will have to pay the tickets and increased insurance costs for (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Yes, I can tell you right now that I am splitting hairs with respect to this topic. I have very strong opinions about the topic and want to see the government work for every cent that they will get from me on this ticket. I am unsure of how (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:34:52 GMT, James Brown uttered the following profundities... (...) We've had these in Europe for about 15 years now. Police love them, frees them up to catch proper criminals. Motorists hate them, obviously! The ones in the UK (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Or if they were in the USA, it would free them up to spend more time in coffee shops and donut shops. Probably give them more chances to bust people for driving while black. (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

A story like this was on Paul Harvey about 3 months ago ... A mans car sped through a 'photo radar' trap, and he was sent a ticket with the picture of his car ... He then sent in a picture of cash along with the ticket ... The police saw no humor in (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Funny, last time I heard that story, the police sent a picture of handcuffs... (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) The police *must* have had some sense of humor, or why go to the trouble of sending another picture back to the guy? No humor would mean issuing a bench warrant and hauling him in. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 18-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) You did report it to the police _before_ you got hit with the tickets, didn't you? Jasper (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)