 Off-Topic / Debate / 1468
Re: Photo Radar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:45:40 GMT

James Brown wrote:
You exceeded the legal speed limit.(cause)  You were caught.(cause)  You got
fined.(effect)
Is there some stunningly obvious factor that I'm missing, or are people just
whining?

My biggest complaint about photo radar is, is that it's up to me to prove
that I wasn't behind the wheel.  Guilty before proven innocent and all that.

For example:  last week, I was mugged and car-jacked and left on the side of
the road.  After then, my assailants (none of whose faces I could see
clearly, but one could have the same build and looks as me) racked up three
different speeding tickets before returning my car to my driveway.

Okay, it didn't happen.  But it *could* have!  Honest.

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>