 Off-Topic / Debate / 1471
Re: Photo Radar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 19:58:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
Just a blatant troll for opinions...Around here there's a big squabble about
photo radar, and just this morning, someone in the office was grumbling about
getting a ticket, and everyone else was encouraging her to fight it.

Now, I'm wondering what the deal is?

You exceeded the legal speed limit.(cause)  You were caught.(cause)  You got
fined.(effect)

Is there some stunningly obvious factor that I'm missing, or are people just
whining?

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

I have been the recipient of one of these tickets, and I have yet to hear
of any final outcome.

I recieved a letter in the mail with a picture of one of my vehicles,
showing the posted speed limit and the speed that the car was going. The
problem is that I was not the driver. The only reason that the ticket was
sent to me was than my name is the first one on the registration (my
wife's is the other).

Since I was not the one driving, I am supposed to turn over any information
about the person who was driving that I might have. I left all of these areas
blank, since the person driving *might* be a member of my immediate family
and I do not have to testify against them. I did however, submit a photocopy
of my drivers license and copies of the pictures taken so they could see just
how mistaken they were. (At this time I had a full beard and short hair,
where the person driving was a female and had long hair).

Whatever happend to innocent until proven guilty?

This is just my experience, nevermind the possibility that the license plate
might be misread. It starts with this, where else will Big Brother find to
poke its nose into?

Duane