 Off-Topic / Debate / 1402
Re: Free speech and abuse thereof
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:10:49 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

PS: I do not favor mandatory sterilization, but I could support
voluntary sterilization in exchange for eligibility for assistance if a
private charity decided to set things up that way.

I don't exactly either, I included some pretty heavy caveats when I
first said the S word.

When it first came up, it was about parents who're "criminally"
negligent.  What do you think ought to happen to them?  People will
remain psychologically unprepared to better themselves as long as they
are trained from an early age that way.

And, it's not mandatory if it's merely a requisite for aide.  Like you,
I'm much more comfortable with it being the only way to receive charity.
Does your statement above mean that all other things being equal, you
would donate to an organization with such a restriction rather than to
one without?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks