 Off-Topic / Debate / 13526
Re: 6776... Is this True?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 19:44:16 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Staudt writes:

i think what we have here is a confusion of violence with conflict
violence is death and destruction. bombs destroying buildings, guns killing
people.  what lego has created in the past and now is conflict. pirates vs.
imperials.  conflict but they never showed or suggested cannons blowing
holes in people. or drowning people burning alive.  things that would
happen in real life.

I suppose all those pirate skeletons died of old age?  :-)

And the cannon are just for firing 21 gun salutes...

And surely, the falling masts on the Red Beard Runner and the Armada
Flagship are just a nifty feature to make it easier for the crew to
change the sails...

I just don't buy the idea that the Pirate theme is non-violent.
Actually, in a way it's one of the most insidious themes because it
plays the "Pirates are really good guys who are a bit misunderstood"
game.

Frank