 LEGO Company / 299
Re: 6776... Is this True?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 19:58:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mike Petrucelli writes:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1304

Can this announcement possibly be true?  TLC is recalling Ogel's Command
Center?  Now I am forced to ask; why would the company grant real Terrorists a
small victory by recalling this item?  It is really quite sickening.  If this
is true, I hope at the very least TLC sells us the parts rather than just
destroying them.

-Mike Petrucelli (who's glad he has one but had wanted at least one more)

IMHO, I'd say that TLC is actually granting good taste a victory by pulling from
the shelves this set.  Regardless of the WTC, I don't think that its either
appropriate or necessary for TLC to produce themes that rely on shallow violent
imagery such as dropping bombs, or mind control devices, or whatever on crowds
of frightened people (er, minifigs.)  TLC is better than that, and if they
aren't, then they should be.  I hope that they've learned a very costly lesson,
and I'm frankly glad that the company has lost a bundle over this set.  Shame on
them.

james, who expects a flame or two