 Off-Topic / Debate / 13340
Re: Children and Violence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:31:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:
Yeah, if kids are going to act aggressively they will do it whether or not • they
have an Ogel Control Center as a prop.  My boys set up their new HP sets • (4721,
4722, and 4705) over they weekend, then connived me into letting them use my
4702 and 4723 in their new "wizard town".  I heard crashing noises downstairs
and discovered they were "bombing" the town with Knex wheels (the heavy • ones).
I then had to rescue my Hermione minifig from a hit and run incident with a • Hot
Wheel vehicle (one of my rare airplane torsos was cracked that way)-- my
Quirrell fig is now missing-- he probably got thrown behind the furniture on
impact-- and when the Knex wheels were confiscated the kids switched to
shooting rubberbands to damage the town.  I guess you can add that to the
anecdotal evidence (not to be oxymoronic!) that certain tendencies are • innate.

Maggie -- these kids need light guns.  The time has come.  I recommend a
Sega Dreamcast system, and these three titles: House of the Dead 2,
Confidential Mission, and Death Crimson OX. For what it's worth, all three
games feature female and male protagonists -- so what's not to like?  Babes
and guns!!!  Need I say more...?

The time has come, huh?  House of the Dead 2?  Death Crimson OX?  Gee Richard,
how do I know this isn't part of your plot to recruit more beings to the Dark
Side?

Maggie