 Off-Topic / Debate / 13179
Re: Who are we to judge?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:31:42 GMT

snip

If we *created* bin Laden's ability to be a terrorist (and I'm pretty
comfortable that we did, at least in large part if not completely), seems to
me we ought to clean it up. He's not playing nicely with the toys we gave
him, time to take them away. Too bad it took this long and this level of
provocation to realise it. And sending flowers ain't the way to do it.

That does NOT in any way conflict with my general, isolationist, "we are not
the world's policeman" stance.

Try this, for an idea on why that stance may have to shift:
http://slate.msn.com/code/kausfiles/kausfiles.asp?Show=9/23/2001&idMessage=8340
("Stating the Obvious" here: http://www.kausfiles.com/ )

--DaveL