 Off-Topic / Debate / 11909
Re: The position of authority (was: Handgun Death Rate)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:18:39 GMT

What is you proposed solution on this? Smaller parties in the UK back PR as
they hope it will benefit them? Is that on the agenda in the USA?

The solution that I would like to see for the US is undistricting.  If we were
electing the top n representitives instead of the top one from n districts,
then small parties would get at least some representation.  When that happened,
I expect their views would receive note and that added interest and exposure
would help them gain more seats.  That would be a wholly improved system as far
as I can see.

Chris