 Off-Topic / Debate / 11897
Re: The position of authority (was: Handgun Death Rate)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jason J. Railton writes:

All the posts here from opponents to US gun control seem to show you don't
trust the government or its agencies one bit, so you stock arms to defend
yourself.  I have to admit the law on land seizure is shocking, and I'd be
seriously worried - but why do you keep voting these people in?

I don't.  The people for whom I vote, lose.  What can I do?  I am completely at
the mercy of the majority.

The
attitude seems to be one of complacency at election time (just following the
commercial media hype), on the understanding that you can always stage your
own defence if something happens to you personally.

How do you define this, and what makes you think so?

Chris