 Off-Topic / Debate / 11529
Re: Conspiracy theories: little green men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:54:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:

There is link somewhere in my favorites folder that I cannot find at the
moment (this folder is dire need of organizing) which offers a cite about a
creationist who would not believe a scientist about the Earth being round
rather than flat.  The scientist produced a photograph showing proof of the
Earth's roundness, but the creationist replied something like this..."I can
see how such an image could decieve a person"...

I've read that quote--I think it was this guy:

http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/032601/usn_flatearth.shtml

but this article doesn't show the quote.

yup, i think that was him.  I looked around some more for my link, but I
think i might not have actually saved it.  In fact, I might have found it
somewhere around Lugnet, but am not sure where to start looking, it has been
a couple of months since I saw it...i thought I saved it, but I guess not...

Some people only accept solid, personal experience and/or observation.  I
have seen enough "doctured" images in movies (Forest Gump) to know that we
can, in fact, fake our photography.  I think many of the conspiracists are
also aware of this and find it rather chilling knowing how easy
entertainment can "fix" an image...what could a national government do to
convince a society that something was real when, in fact it was not?

There was, of course, that awful movie "Wag the Dog."

Although it was a terribly slow movie, I did enjoy the conspiracy.

    Dave!