 Off-Topic / Debate / 11535
Re: Conspiracy theories: men on the moon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Lane writes:
Haven't you seen that documentary? The one that shows all the errors made
when they faked the landing. It was so faked. I'm surprised I'm not more
bothered.

You're apparently in the minority. When watching the show, I was able to
(through my own knowledge) discount all the alleged "mistakes" they made
except for:

1. the Van Allen radiation belts
2. the overlaid photography from different sites
3. the "disappearing" etch marks on the photos

And thanks to the ridiculous bias they had AGAINST the 1 NASA spokesman they
had speaking, I put phenomenal faith in the fact that 1 & 3 (from above)
were able to be similarly ignored. And as it turns out, #2 is an admitted
"mislabeling" of the footage, which was released both correctly and incorrectly.

Basically, it COULD have been faked, but 99% of the reasons to even think it
WAS a fake are easily disproven by science, and hence reasons to think it
WASN'T faked because they actually would've had to think about it.

Anyway, I read through this site provided by Ross this morning, and found it
quite enlightening:
http://www.badastronomy.com/

And more specifically:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html