 Off-Topic / Debate / 11487
Re: Conspiracy theories: men on the moon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:09:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
Is there anyone here who does not believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that
men have indeed walked on the moon?

Beyond a shadow? I dunno. A shadow of doubt doesn't take much to support it.
Beyond a reasonable doubt though, yes.

I have spent some time in thought on this "conspiracy", and have decided,
that I could never convince a skeptic that men have walked on the moon as I
would only be able to offer second-hand evidence and no proof of direct
observation myself as I do not have 20 million dollars to give for a visit.

I share a trait with Dave! (see, got his name to be last in the sentence) I
too will get into debates with people for no good reason, and I spent some
time recently (in Omaha, not that it is relevant) debating this topic with
someone. I just could not shake him.

He admitted it would be hard to fake and might even have cost more to fake
than what was claimed to have been spent on actually doing it. But he
remained convinced it was faked.

I also am convinced that I could have been duped.

I'll acknowledge its possible but would assign the probability as several
orders of magnitude less than 1%. That is I am not sure if the probability
is .001% or .0000000001% but it is small. IMHO.

Why?

++Lar