 Off-Topic / Debate / 11517
Re: Conspiracy theories: little green men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:35:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

<snip>

As further proof, we live with the technologies (such as computers) that
were originally created for these missions. We know the space shuttle goes
into space and we see the pictures from orbit. We couldn't have got this far
without actually doing the things we did.

There is link somewhere in my favorites folder that I cannot find at the
moment (this folder is dire need of organizing) which offers a cite about a
creationist who would not believe a scientist about the Earth being round
rather than flat.  The scientist produced a photograph showing proof of the
Earth's roundness, but the creationist replied something like this..."I can
see how such an image could decieve a person"...

Some people only accept solid, personal experience and/or observation.  I
have seen enough "doctured" images in movies (Forest Gump) to know that we
can, in fact, fake our photography.  I think many of the conspiracists are
also aware of this and find it rather chilling knowing how easy
entertainment can "fix" an image...what could a national government do to
convince a society that something was real when, in fact it was not?

<snip>