 Off-Topic / Debate / 11500
Re: Conspiracy theories: little green men
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes (in part):

Could the moon landings have been faked? Of course. However, I believe they
happened and seriously doubt there was a conspiracy regarding the matter. We
know the rockets went up and we have the first-hand accounts of the
astronauts who rode them. Three men died in a cabin fire early in the Apollo
program. I don't think the U.S. government would spend that much money, and
sacrifice men in the public eye, all for an elaborate hoax.

Actually, I think the consprirists only believe the moon landings themselves
were faked, not the space program, nor the earth orbits. They seem to believe
that we have orbited the earth, but that leaving earth orbit would subject
astronauts to fatal radiation.

A hoax to what end?

To the end of saving face and keeping funding. The film Capricorn One goes far
to demonstrate how a space program that had made promises it could not fulfill
might be tempted to fake the parts that it could not deliver.

As further proof, we live with the technologies (such as computers) that
were originally created for these missions. We know the space shuttle goes
into space and we see the pictures from orbit. We couldn't have got this far
without actually doing the things we did.

(My prior comments also apply here)

Rick Clark