 Off-Topic / Debate / 11495
Re: Conspiracy theories: men on the moon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:35:40 GMT

Nope, I don't do the converting thing.

If someone doesn't agree with me on a topic, it doesn't disturb me in the
least.  However, I do enjoy being challenged, wheather I challenge myself,
or find myself challenged by another force (people, experience,
observation,...).  I have a tendancy to leave myself open to suggestion as I
am aware that my own "knowledge" may be suspect.

One of my current curiosities, somehow sparked by recent debates here, is if
there are any Lugneters who, educated or not, may actually believe that the
moon landings are a hoax...do they have the courage to "come out of the
closet" so to speak, and share their opinion?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:

Ummm...why what?

Why ask about conspiracy theories?

why not?

aren't they debatable?

Well, sure!

And that's a perfectly valid reason in and of itself, wasn't challenging
that. Just wondering if you had something deeper in mind with the question,
is all. (Some convertor used this question as an opener to try to convince
me of the validity of some religion or another, long long ago, so call me a
bit jumpy if you like)