 Off-Topic / Debate / 11496
Re: Dog in pool incident
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 22:22:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

The day I returned, I tracked him down and gave him the beating of a
lifetime in front of all our friends. They finally intervened to pull me
away after it was clear that he could no longer defend himself. I reminded
them they should of been as responsive when he was mistreating my dog. As I
said, I'm not proud of it but I felt there was no other way properly punish
him and teach a lesson in respect for animals.

Dan, I'm all for how you handled that.  100%.  But don't delude yourself.  What
you did settled your internal justicemeter.  It tought the thug nothing about
respect for animals.  The best it could have possibly done was taught him that
some people value their animals more than he previously would have thought.
But other than that, the most likely outcome is that he would have liked a
chance to get your dog back.  I guess he never did.

Chris