 Off-Topic / Debate / 11497
Re: Dog in pool incident
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 02:37:27 GMT

Dan, I'm all for how you handled that.  100%.  But don't delude yourself.  What
you did settled your internal justicemeter.

I'm not deluded about it now. Perhaps I should say that I felt that way AT
THE TIME (i.e. I thought I was teaching that jerk a lesson). I realize now
as an adult that beating him up didn't somehow convince him to be a better
person. More than likely all he learned was not to mess with me again.
However, if I faced that situation now, there's a good chance I'd react the
same way. It happened last year in Norwalk when this man was going to throw
a kitten in a dumpster in a parking lot. I told him to hand over the kitten
and get lost. Not the wisest approach in L.A. now that I think about it but
he didn't stick around. I found the kitten a good home the next day.

Dan