 Off-Topic / Debate / *61 (-20)
  Re: Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

(...) I have an issue with this thread, it doesn't seem like an off-topic.debate topic. Strikes me as *on-topic*, and therefore not eligible for this group. Anyone want to debate that point? ++Lar ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web (...) (26 years ago, 24-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

Could we possibly move this topic back to another NG? I feel that it is a rather non-Lego subject and could be put into the off-topic.debate NG. (...) ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web interface ======== (URL) Search, Read, Post, (...) (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

(...) I used to hate this. But, after taking several years of German, I feel a lot better. Why? I realized that German 'recycles' a lot of pronouns for various uses. For example, "sie" is "she", "they", and the formal "you". So I figure, why not (...) (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

Thank you, Jesse! Incorrect (but politically correct) understanding of pronoun usage with respect to gender is one of my favorite pet peeves. I remember seeing my father's "Alumni/Alumnae Directory" obviously written by someone who understands Latin (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

(...) Well, that was how I understood his article. I had the impression that he wanted more light grey space stuff (wings and so on, I suppose), to complement his space collection. Fredrik (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

(...) Aren't they the same dark gray as dark gray always has been for years? Or maybe Donny just meant that dark gray was becoming too abundant for his tastes, and prefers regular gray...? --Todd (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

(...) I'm assuming he's talking about the new Insectiod Space series? Personally, I was kinda surprised that the grey in the Insectoid theme was dark grey, since they did look quite light in my catalogue. Fredrik (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

(...) What set number did you see these new dark gray bricks in? --Todd (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Dark Grey bricks ARGGHHH

Hi All, Well Lego has done it again a new color "Dark Grey" bricks. I relied on for many years the release of newer sets to get parts for my Classic Space collection, and now I wonder will Lego phase out Light Grey? Thanks Donald Durham (Donny D) (...) (26 years ago, 22-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

moz wrote in message ... (...) I'm moving this off-topic. So make sure you take the rest of the headers out if you reply. Proper English uses a masculine pronoun when there is an unknown person involved, or requires the longer "he or she." If the (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FT Monorail Items

(...) No Bill Gates likes to give advanced users lots of of options. I get the most annoyed when, to "help" the novice user, Microsoft decides to REMOVE an option from their products. Sure, put good defaults on for people who do not want to learn (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FT Monorail Items

(...) For the record, I did not ask Nick to remove anything from his sig. Rather, I pointed out some information to Nick in an FYI. manner. This information was/is true, to the best of my knowledge, and was neither legal advice to nick nor a request (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FT Monorail Items

(...) I'm not flaming you. Pointing out that your huge signature file a) contains characters that Todd asked you to remove and b) is rather HUGE and not particularly funny anyway doesn't count as a flame in my book. If I were to call you a dumb (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FT Monorail Items

(...) Yes, you can keep Ickna in your From line. And you can keep 'nospam' in your email address. Note that there will be a new setup procedure coming soon today, which you will need to run (once) from a web page -- it will be where you declare your (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: LUGNet Chat

[Followup set to lugnet.off-topic.debate] (...) An address book is better than that. Win95 just remembers where you've been last. A real address book will let you specify which hosts to save, and lets you do things like specify different options (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Non-"Leading Brand"s here?

Thanks Todd. Official permission to mix bricks has been granted in a general sort of way. That makes me feel a bit easier, knowing you aren't gonna be to uptight about that. ___...___ ___...___ (disclaimer: Nope, don't work for LEGO (TLG)/but want (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Test

(...) The proper question is probably "Why isn't it a test?" (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Test

Matt Marshall wrote in message ... (...) Because we're rtl-ers (and now lugneters, I guess), and that's what we do. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Test

Why???...??? Why are you replying to a test???...??? Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) (URL) Marshall $%#$% Vacuum Cleaners Always get my pieces!!! Matt's Lego Page (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact