 Off-Topic / Debate / *4361 (-10)
  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) That's a great question! But more than that, what I wanna know is whether God (THE God): (a) admits that other deities exist and disallows their worship, or (b) disavows the existance of other deities, or (c) whether His answer to that would (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Yes, but what about whether or not this 'deity', aka God, exists? -Shiri (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) What it means is that whatever is primary in our lives is our god. For some people it is money, or power, property, sex, popularity, image, relationships, ........., even LEGO. It could be a combination of any of these things or a different (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Err, just to make myself clear - I don't mind teaching the bible, as long as it is taught as a foundation to our country (Israel) and not as a practice we should all believe in. I also believe that it should not be enforced after grade school (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Or me either. You Americans don't know how lucky you are to at least have SOME degree of separation between the two. In Israel the two are totally mixed, wisted and intertwined to a horrible and utterly disgusting mess. The orthodox Jews have (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) ^^^...^^^ Urrp, I mean the "DOJ vs. MS" case! --Todd (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Hmm, I never thought about this one too much before the MS vs. DOJ case, but does this mean that there are in fact other gods besides "God" and that He desires to cultivate and maintain a monopoly in His target market? --Todd (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) this, I (...) Although many would argue that I am not a Christian (including myself, though I acknowledge that I am a product of a Christian culture), but that may not have been what you were saying. I do (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

Bill Farkas wrote in message ... (...) in (...) similar (...) endorsing or (...) that (...) not (...) merely (...) which is (...) Ah, but the Ten Commandments are MORE than an example of the basic principles, here they are for reference: 1 - Thou (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  L. Ron Hubbard urban legend (was: Mormon bashing again)

(...) I have to agree with James Brown's guess. I've heard the same story, except that the two writers were L. Ron Hubbard and Frank Herbert. Herbert, of course, wrote _Dune_, the SF classic with generous helpings of Islam. When you have multiple (...) (25 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact